Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Leaving

I've decided to leave on Thurs morning. They don't need me here for the surgery, I can't stand being in this cramped room with my kids anymore and the girl has a commitment that she needs to fulfill Thursday evening.

The boy and I had a huge fight, the girl and I had a huge fight. For the first time in the boys life, at age 13, I smacked him. I never hit my kids, the stress is playing on all of us and none of us have our rooms to go hide in when the stress level gets to high...

For the last month, I haven't held down one meal I eat. I throw up after 3 bites. Usually when I am getting close to having my band tightened again (which is next Tuesday) I can eat without throwing up at all. Mostly, I just can't eat the first week, but it's been 3 weeks or so now since they tightened my band last and I'm not sure if it's the stress or the band. So I really have to get to the doctors about this.

I'm going to come down during the week in a few weeks by myself and help out as much as I can. I just can't justify right now spending more money that I don't have on a hotel and food, when my sister can be here and her fiance and keep me updated on the surgery. Plus, I can't take the kids and frankly they can't take me either, we really are cramped here and we are all use to our own space and we haven't any here.

I managed to go to IKEA and find the shelves that I want. I can't fit them in the jeep with the kids with me, so when I come by myself, I'll go and pick them up. It'll help organize my house better, a place where I can put my candle making stuff, rather than having them all spread around the dining room.

That's it.. Ive nothing else in me to write about. I just wish we could get along.

5 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I have basically grounded my 13yo daughter for life, so I feel your pain there......these kids are driving me crazy!
My thoughts are with your family re: the surgery, I hope it goes well. I think it's good that you're doing what is best for your family at a time like this, otherwise you'd just stress yourself out even more.

Unknown said...

hang in there... theres nothing worse than kidstress to compound other stress... best wishes to your dad for the surgery... just take it one minute at a time...and dont forget to breathe! xoxox... annie

lisa24n7 said...

I think you've made the best decision for everyone involved. Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Have a safe trip home. Hugs ...and yes, as Annie says,"Breathe!"

JoeinVegas said...

I am impressed the three of you lasted this long. I couldn't do it with my kids.

Unknown said...

It is the combination of it all sweetie.
Hugs, holding you all in my heart.
Moon