Friday, February 20, 2009

Dad

Well, it's come down to it now...

He is too weak for a heart transplant, they will not put him back on the list.

The left side of his heart, is gone. They are doing tests on him Monday, to see how bad the right side is...

He has 2 choices.

Come home to Vegas and die within the next few weeks.

Or, if the right side of his heart isn't as bad as they think, have the LVAC (LVAD) wire put into it, with the hopes of giving him another 5 years or so... however, the chances he would make it off the table during the surgery is 50/50.

Those are his choices.

This is not a good time for the Minden dude to be coming down and I have no way of reaching him. I need to go to Phx. I may have to wait till Monday morning though, cause I also have to pay my electricity bill or we won't have any when we get back. I am torn. He talked about going to Phx tomorrow, to the gun show, so I would get to see my dad too, but dad wants to see the kids. I don't mind going there without them tomorrow and then going again on Monday, though I can't really afford it, I'll do it..

Please say a prayer, light a candle, whatever it is you do, please do for my father.

5 comments:

PurpleMusicGirlWrites said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father.

Lea said...

Thank you so very much. You're blog reads like my life! Wow...

Unknown said...

hang in there.. my thoughts are with you and your dad.

lisa24n7 said...

so sorry to hear this news. be strong and hang in there. sending thoughts and prayers....and yes, hugs.

Lea said...

Thanks Annie and Lisa...

I'm just finishing catching up on emails and packing.. hope to leave within the hour..

More later.