Sunday, September 20, 2009

Him.

Not last year, the year before, a few weeks before Thanksgiving, I was getting gas and there was this guy there doing the same. I in my PJ's he in his work clothes, I some how managed to say hello and strike up a conversation...which led to me giving him my number and than me saying to myself as I drove off.. what an idiot, you hit on a good looking guy in your PJs?? But that was pretty much standard clothing for me a few years ago and kind of still is... but I digress.

He called me. Did I ever mention him? Not sure. He's 10 years younger than me and oh so cute. We talked for a few weeks on the phone and next thing you know I invite him over for Thanksgiving dinner, cause he's all alone and he accepts it and than helps me cook AND clean up!

We saw each other for a time here and there. Then things progressed to hmm.. friends with benefits. Not sure how that happened, but it did and I was crazy about him without him knowing it. Then one day, he was gone. Back to California, where he came from, because there was no work here and his little girl was still there (he is a single father). It's been over a year now, we keep in contact here and there...

Then I read on facebook that he was getting married. Married to this woman who when he was with I would not hear from him at all because she was jealous. Married to a woman who drinks to much (from his mouth I learned this from) MARRIED. I was bummed. Than I read that he was coming to Vegas! I made a point of posting on his facebook "My friend, I would love to get together with you and catch up, perhaps we can do lunch while you are out here". Nothing..

Friday he called me! It was so nice to hear his voice and that feeling I've had about him for the last 2 years came back, though I was still bummed about him getting married. We talked for a bit then I mentioned the marriage and he said it was off. That a few days after he proposed, she just stopped talking to him. Wouldn't return his calls and other stuff. Weird right? He said he thinks it's because she is 44 and has a grown child, she doesn't want to raise anymore. WHAT? Umm.. why not think about that before you say yes to a marriage proposal. (his daughter is 8)

So, he is coming to town next week or the week after and promised to call me so we can get together. He hasn't seen me since I've lost weight (though I did post the weight loss picture on facebook and he told me that I looked great :) ) and honestly? I'm hoping that something is there between us. I've thought about him day in and day out since the day we met. We have a lot in common and enjoy the time we spend together. I'm hoping what is HER loss, will be my gain. And YES, I would move to California to be with him and his daughter if I had too, though I don't particularly want to live in Ca again, I would for him...

Send out positive thoughts to the Universe for us, please. Yes, I would marry this guy, yes I can see me spending the rest of my life with him, yes it's that serious on my end. And yes, he likes older women, he had a bad experience with one and said that after he met me, he decided that staying away from older women wasn't for him and realized that we were not all like the bad experience one..I'm pretty sure I've told you all about him before cause right now I'm having deju vu!

And my madness? Doesn't seem to scare him at all. Score.

No comments: