Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'd never heard of her

I'd never met her, in fact, I've never even read her mothers blog (I would link it here, but there's been so much traffic to it today that the server couldn't handle it and thus it is not working)

I didn't know she was sick. Not until this morning when it hit the blogworld like a firecracker attached to gasoline on a dry and dusty mountain, it spread like wildfire.

That doesn't mean my heart doesn't go out to little Maddies mother and father. I'm human and how could I NOT hurt at the mention of the death of a little girl, not even yet 2.

How could I NOT look at my 18 year old daughter a little longer today as I spoke to her in her doorway. How could I NOT want to call my son and ask him to come home, just so I could hug him...

I've been blessed in my life with healthy babies that turned into healthy children and are on their journeys to being healthy adults (fingers crossed). We've never even had a major thing happen to us, a few stitches here and there for the boy, a broken foot for me at the age of 40 (my first bone ever broke!) homeless a couple of times, starting over more than once, but still,how can I hurt for the loss of this little girl?

I hurt for her mother, who will never be able to take her shopping for a prom dress, or her father who will never get to worry about her dating, while bringing out the shotgun so her dates can see. Her grandparents who will never have the opportunity to spoil her and for the world who will never be graced again with her infectious smile.

Rest well now little Maddie. You've touched the world and I have a feeling you will continue to touch the world for a long time coming.

I will post the link to her mother and fathers site when it is up and running again, in the meantime, you can read more about Maddie here Headless Family. You can also donate to the March of Dimes in her name on the widget there at this site. The family has asked in lieu of flowers, donations be sent to March of Dimes.

No comments: