Monday, October 27, 2008

Housing inspection today...

I passed, but he warned me that there will be a surprise inspection (he thinks because of the elections, but that doesn't make sense to me) my house is one picked randomly, OF COURSE. If it's at all dirty, they will remove me from the program.

Shit. Anyone who knows me, knows I am the crappiest housekeeper in the world. Tomorrow and until I am finished, I am hiding my jeep in the garage and not answering the door. Then I begin the complete overhaul of the house. Dusting, vacuuming, washing walls and other things. He said it could come as early as tomorrow and as late as the end of the month of Nov.

It has me pretty freaked out. If I lose my housing assistance, I'm screwed all the way around. I can't afford to pay the full amount of rent here or really any 3 bedroom place. I have to have a 3 bedroom, as the kids can't share a room, though I suppose if it comes down to it, I can share one with the girl... still she's nearly 18 years old and I'm sure she doesn't want to share a room with me... yet I can't get her off her ass either to help with the house. The boy either. They don't understand the consequences of what happens should I be removed from housing assistance, no matter how much I explain it to them.

I'm really hoping that I can get the house overhauled before they come. I'm very motivated to get it cleaned and keep it very clean right now. Not to mention, I like to have a clean house, I just suck at cleaning. I plan on going to bed early tonight and staying awake after I take the girl to school at 6am. At least long enough to get the living room straightened out.

Wish me luck.

No comments: