Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today Nova is a month old, a new guy and a new size...

I intend on writing something each month to keep up to date what's going on around her and what is going on with her as well. Eventually everything will be printed out as I plan on making a scrapbook for her, but for now you'll be able to find more pictures and various Nova stuff at Nova Leone


As for what is going on with me well..

I met someone the other day and we've hit it off fairly well. He's 9 years older than me (and everyone calls me a cougar, meh) his hair is down to his waist, no tattoos and he rides. He calls me all the time and appears to really like me. I've been going to his house every night but no sex yet at my request and he is fine with that. Lots of cuddling and kissing though! Tomorrow night I plan on spending the night - still no sex though - I want to see if I can do this differently than the past and see what comes of it. I did ask him if he would like to join me and my crazy family for Thanksgiving where he would meet my father, stepmother, sister, aunt, all three of my kids, my daughter in law, my granddaughter and a few other stragglers that may join us. He said that he had plans - the owner of the place he lives in is a real good friend of his and he was invited to their place - but he also said wow, usually I have no place to go now I have a choice. I kind of hope he chooses me, but I understand if he doesn't and won't be hurt since he did have those other plans first.

He's very nice, though he's also crude and brash. A gentleman for the most part at least when dealing with me. I'm the first woman he's "been" with in 3 years. He also doesn't like fat women but when I ask him then why is he with me, he says "Can't help who I'm attracted to". I met him at the bar I sing karaoke at.. he did tell me that a few months ago he was in there and was drunk and kissing some fat girl and said to himself "what am I doing" and just left. He's not a small man, not much taller than me with his own belly on him but I like men like that. Calls me his honey, his little girl, his baby - which is sweet.

I asked on facebook the other day and will ask the same thing here.. "Do you believe in love at first site? CAN it happen and does it work. My experience is yes it can happen and did once and no it doesn't work out... But someone else doesn't agree and I'm not sure I'm so ready to even let that in. I'm certainly not much of a romantic." Not because "I" did, but he's alluded to love already so I was curious what others think, have experienced etc. My daughter says yes it can happen and just because it didn't work for me that one time (her father was the one I fell in love with at first site) doesn't mean it can't work for me again.

There's a few things though that have me concerned. We both are rather set in our ways. I "think" we are mature enough to possibly adjust to certain things in each others lives - but that still remains to be seen. I suppose if someone means enough to you there are certain things you are likely to let go of or change your mind about - as long as an open mind is kept at all times. The other thing is the boy. He will not like ANYONE I date, he's so use to having me pretty much all to himself. He's even admitted to me that he will never like anyone I date - but (let's call him local dude) local dude may win him over. I will not bring him into the boys life for a while though, maybe the first time might be Thanksgiving.. and then there's Thanksgiving and my nut ball family. Will it scare local dude away? They truly are crazy and I'm usually the brunt of their nastiness and rarely last long at holiday get togethers because of it - hopefully the family behaves themselves! AND, because I don't want to get involved with anyone who wants to remain in Vegas - one of the first things I asked him was "Would you move away from Vegas?" his answer was yes!!! When I mentioned that I've been contemplating going to NH he said "Cool, close to home" (he's originally from Maine) SO that is a good sign, yes?

Oh and one more thing... I bought a pair of jeans at Ross today (not wanting to spend to much money on them since I am still losing weight. Size 18!!!!! I have jeans in my drawers that are size 28 and fall off of me! I'm so excited about this. I think once I get a tummy tuck (hopefully next year)I may be able to fit in a 14/16! I haven't worn a size 18 since I was 30 or a 14/16 since I was like 20 or something!! Go Nana!

Sometime tonight I should have Nova's post and her new pictures posted on her blog - but check out the cute ones that are there now. They aren't coming as frequently as I would like but I'm trying to be patient about them not sending me more pictures (as patient as I can be though I call everyday and leave messages to send more pictures LOL).

Anyhow, that's what's going on over here. What's going on over there with all you?

3 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

The baby is beautiful!
Good luck with everything. I don't have any advice or experience with love at first sight. But I wish you well!

JoeinVegas said...

Doesn't sound like a reflection post - sounds like a looking ahead post.

sanjeet said...

I don't have any advice or experience with love at first sight.
Work from home India