Friday, September 25, 2009

Just a quick check in..

I've been sick. Real sick. I went to the doctors today, I could barely speak and couldn't drive, my Aunt took me.

I had to have them let out my lap band. I lost 18 pounds in 8 days. I couldn't keep anything down, including water and was having chest pains that would not go away.

I am severely dehydrated, though I've been able to get 2 large ice waters down and a 32oz Gatorade and keep all of it down other than the first few sips of the Gatorade. I already feel better. But 18 pounds in 8 days is not good and was putting pressure on my heart which is what caused the severe chest pains this past week, which are now gone thankfully, because I was ready to call 911 last night and this morning, but I knew it had to be my band being too tight that was keeping me from keeping even water down (and the downside to all of that too is my heart meds and night meds were not dissolving and I was throwing them up too, not good)

I'm still really tired. But I'll catch up on that tonight and the rest of the weekend. I do have the fear of gaining weight now that my band is open all the way. In 2 weeks, I'll go have it tightened, but only half way. For now, I'm on a liquid diet for 24 hours and haven't had actual food since last Thursday, but I look forward to eating real food tomorrow. What I need to keep in mind is my portion sizes and how often I eat, but once I feel like I can move again without so much pain in my body, I'll begin exercising again and that should help keep my weight in check as well. I think by Monday I will feel more like myself again.

So that's it. Like I said, I'm really tired still so I'm going to get some ice water and head to bed.

Peace.

No comments: