Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Father...

My father and I have not always gotten along very well. There have been periods of time when I went without speaking to him. It's been a long hard life with him.

But, since he's been sick, we have gotten along much better. He's less critical, but I believe that is because he knows it'll get a rise out of me and create stress in his life that he is not supposed to have.

My stepmother just wrote me saying he is having difficulty getting in and out of chairs, the bed and walking... IF he is getting sicker, they will most likely bump him up on the UNO's list.

I haven't been completely honest. I, like the girl, hate going to Az to see him. He has deteriorated so bad, he really does look like my gram shortly before she passed and it just kills me to be around him like that...

But, he's my dad and my stepmother and I both think that having the cats with him will cheer him up, so as much as I hate seeing him that way, I will do this for him, just to see his smile.

It might be the last time I see it.

2 comments:

Momisodes said...

I am so sorry. I can't imagine how difficult it is to see your father like that. I'm glad you're getting the chance to see him. Wishing you strength and happiness in your time together.

Lea said...

Thank you so much. I love my father and it is difficult watching him slowly die. If you're so inclined to, please pray that he will get a new heart soon. I am glad I get to see him too. Since August, we've been going down about an average of twice a month, but this month it looked like we wouldn't get to see him at all... I'm glad that changed.