Sunday, January 4, 2009

The day hell visited my world.

I was to leave on Dec 29th from Phx, to return back to Vegas. Instead I left on Dec 30th, due to the fact I had to get my stupid sister out of jail at 630 in the morning of the 29th.

The day started out ok. I left Phx at 9am, so that I could be home early. 23 miles outside of a town called Wickenburg, Az I got a flat tire. Yeah, great. I don't know how to change a flat tire. I can change the oil in my Jeep, but not a flat tire.

So, the highway patrol to the rescue. Took us a while to figure out how to get the spare tire out from under the Jeep, and as he let the jack down... THE SPARE TIRE WAS FLAT!!!!!!!!!!! We waited 2 hours for someone to come fill it with air.

I made up some time after that... until Hoover Dam. And then, bam a stand still 6 miles from the dam and my gas gauge near the E. Now, if I hadn't been stopped for an hour trying to get over the dam, I'd have made it into town just fine...

And then...

I ran out of gas. 3 miles from the Dam. Hysterical I call Glen, who's working and tells me he will be there in less than an hour. Coast the car to the top parking lot and lock the doors and wait.

Writing this now, seems like nothing... but it was an exhausting day. 13 hours in the car, crying hysterical both times and truly just wanting to blow my brains out right then and there.

Had I a gun, I'd probably have done it. I really never want to drive to Phx again, but I have to. My father can no longer walk without a walker, I fear he will not make it much longer, which means I have to go down there as much as possible to be with him...

Phx sucks.

3 comments:

The Girl said...

Oh what a yucky day. I hope you are tucking in bed sleeping peaceful as I write this. Hope today is a better one!

JoeinVegas said...

Aaaa! Sorry, guess there is a reason for AAA. But the dam? Word is to do the 90 south thing instead, until the bridge is done.

Lea said...

From now on I am going to avoid the Dam and go the extra 23 miles around through Laughlin... It wasn't bad enough that the visit to my father was sad and depressing, that all that other crap happened too. What a way to end the year.